Healthy Box Lunches Made Easy
- Tuesday, January 29 at 5:30 p.m.
Join Hy-Vee Nutritionist Megan Groh to learn about packing healthy lunches for yourself and your children.
DIY Natural Dyes
- Thursday, April 4 at 5:30 p.m.
Learn how to use everyday ingredients to make natural dyes that can be used to dye eggs, fabric, and more.
Edible Books Contest
- Sunday, March 31 from 2 – 4 p.m.
Description:Patrons of all ages are invited to submit edible literary works of art. Each entry must be made primarily of edible materials and be inspired by a book in content or form. Registration for entries is required however the viewing event will be open to the public. Entries can be from a single person or a group. Participants must register by Sunday, March 17.
Needles, Pins & More
- First Thursday of every month starting February 2019 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Calling all knitters, crocheters, needlepointers, and other makers. Bring your current project to the library and work on it with other crafters in the community. Don’t have a craft? Supplies will be provided to make paper wreaths.
Game Day for Adults (Begins in March)
- Monday, March 11 at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 8 at 10 a.m.
- Monday, May 13 at 10 a.m.
Join us for Game Day on the second Monday of the month. During this adult program, a variety of games will be provided, such as cribbage, cards, mah-jongg, scrabble, and more. Attendees are welcome to bring their favorite games to play with others.
Cook Book Club (Begins in March)
- Thursday, March 21 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, April 18 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, May 16 from noon to 1 p.m.
Join us for a new type of book club. Each participant will select a recipe from the featured cookbook and bring the dish to the meeting. The discussion will focus on the book, the recipes, and the author’s style. A copy of the book for each month will be available to view in the library and participants must mark the recipe they are bringing to avoid duplicates. If you obtain your own copy of the cookbook, please call the library to sign up for a dish.
Adults are invited to join one, or both, of the library’s book clubs. The book clubs offer an opportunity to read unique selections and meet your neighbors and make new friends.
Nonfiction Book Club
- Meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month in the library’s computer lab at 6 p.m.
Fountain Lake Readers
- The fiction book club meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 10 a.m.