The Albert Lea Public Library is offering Express Browsing by appointment on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Express browsing is available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9-4:30 (last appointment at 4:30).
• Express browsing will be available by appointment only. Call the library (507) 377-4350 to schedule an appointment.
• Appointments can be made up to two weeks in advance.
• Appointments are limited to 30 minutes.
• 5 patron appointments are available for each 30-minute time slot and 1 family appointment for the children’s library ONLY.
• Appointment times: 9:00, 9:45, 10:30, 11:15, 1:30, 2:15, 3:00, 3:45, 4:30.
• Arrive at the Clark Street entrance of City Hall at your appointment time. Please only enter the building at your scheduled time.
• Late arrivals will not be admitted and will need to reschedule.
• Masks are required for individuals 6 years old and older. Children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old are encouraged but not required to wear face masks.
• Practice social distancing while in the library.
• Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
• Returns should be placed in the outside book drop. • During your appointment, you will be able to browse for materials, check out items, and pickup holds. Limited staff assistance is available.
• Use of self checkout machines is encouraged.
• Your library card is required to checkout materials during your appointment.
• You can make an appointment to sign up for a library card.
• You can pay fines and fees for lost and damaged items during your appointment.
• Newspapers, computers, and copy machines will not be available.
• If you or anyone you live with has COVID or any symptoms, do not come to the library or schedule an appointment. We will reschedule your appointment.
Note: No-contact pickup will be available Mondays and Thursdays from 9-6 and Sundays from 1-4. Computer appointments are available Mondays and Thursdays from 9-6 (last appointment at 5 pm).