Loan Periods for Albert Lea Public Library Materials
All Albert Lea Public Library items may be renewed TWICE with the exception of items with outstanding requests. Remember eligible items can be renewed online, by phone or at the Library.
- DVDs (both Children/Adult) 3 Days (3 Renewals)
- Adult Magazines 14 Days (2 Renewals)
- New Books 14 Days (2 Renewals)
- Books (Fiction/Non-Fiction), Audio Books and Music CD’s 14 Days (2 Renewals)
- All Children’s Materials (except DVD’s) 14 Days (2 Renewals)
- AV Equipment 24 Hours
Books, audiobooks and CDs may not be renewed if a request has been placed on the item.
Important Notes for Inter-Library Loan Items:
If you receive a book through Inter-Library Loan it is from ANOTHER Library. The book is due according to the policies of the LENDING Library. Be sure to check the receipt. Remember you can always access your account online to renew items, check due dates and fines.
Other Applicable Fees:
There is $1.00 charge (per item) for Inter-Library Loan materials that are not picked up in the 10 day period.
There is a $3.00 charge for replacing a library card for the third (3rd) time in a 12 month period.