OverDrive eBooks & Audiobooks
- Go to Libby from a computer or download the Libby app on a mobile device from your app store.
- Browse the collection or search for a title.
- Check out an available item or place an item on hold.
- Begin reading items that you checked out.
Need additional help? Check out the Libby help page or stop by the library.
Commonly Asked Questions:
How do I return a book early?
There is an option to return the book when you actually finish the book. Here’s how:
- Tap “Shelf”
- Tap on the title you want to return
- Tap “Return Title to Library”
- Then Tap “Return”
Note: If you downloaded a title to Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) or as a Kindle Book, you can return it from ADE or from Amazon.
How do I see my place in line for a hold?
After you place a hold, you can view your place in line by going to Shelf > Holds, then tapping Wait List next to the book in question. You’ll see:
- Your approximate wait time for the title
- Total holds for the title (and your progress in line)
- Total # of copies available at your library
- The number of people waiting per copy
How can I change the text of a book?
Font, text size, and spacing are all adjustable. Each of these settings can be adjusted to your personal reading preference. Once you open a book, click on the menu icon in the upper-right-hand corner, and then tap Reading Settings. From there, you can adjust settings like text scale (or size), lighting, and book design. Below is an overview of these features:
Text Scale: Adjusted by using the scale. Slide to the left to decrease the text size, or slide to the right to increase the text size.
Lighting: There are three lighting options – bright (good for daytime reading), sepia (similar to a paperback), and dark (good for nighttime reading).